Kane County Divorce Agreement Lawyer
Divorce and other family law matters tend to be difficult. Regardless of how old you are, how long you have been married or in a relationship, or whether you have children or not, family law issues tend to come with overwhelming uncertainty about the future accompanied by heartache and disappointment about the past. We will stand by you through this difficult time in your life. More importantly, we will help you toward a brighter future.
At the Law Office of Warren G. Sylvester, located in Batavia, Illinois, we have more than 15 years of experience devoted almost exclusively to the practice of family law. We believe it is important that you choose an attorney with a depth of experience specifically in the area that you need help with. Otherwise, it is like going to an eye doctor for problems with your feet.
Knowledgeable, Experienced, Trustworthy
E-mail Us or Call 630-406-7844 • Free 30-Minute Initial Consultation
We are committed to providing you with helpful and reliable information. We want you to be able to make well-informed decisions about how to achieve your goals.
We understand that it is normal for people facing divorce and other family law matters to get caught up in the moment, but we encourage you to focus on the future. We help you set realistic expectations for what lies ahead once the process is over.
Our family law practice encompasses matters related to:
- Divorce: We are focused on your financial stability after divorce.
- Division of marital assets and debts: We are thoroughly knowledgeable about the tax ramifications of asset and debt division.
- Division of pension benefits: We work with forensic accountants when necessary to identify and inventory all marital assets, including retirement accounts.
- Uncontested divorce: Our firm helps guide clients through the process when a divorce is uncontested.
- High-asset divorce: When divorces involve large assets, multiple properties and other high dollar items, we can step in and ensure that your rights are protected.
- Civil union dissolution:
- Child custody, visitation and parenting time: Although these issues can be the most difficult to resolve, the courts today are more open to innovative arrangements.
- Child support: We help you understand the child support calculation method mandated by the state of Illinois.
- Alimony and spousal maintenance: It is vitally important for both spouses to have realistic expectations about how they will support themselves, either through employment or supplemental support.
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution: We provide advice throughout mediation to ensure you get the most out of this efficient and cost-effective process.
- Modifications and enforcement: If there is a significant change or something is going wrong, it is extremely important to get advice, especially when child custody or support is involved.
- Paternity: Determining the identity of a father can be done very simply through DNA testing, which can then be utilized to establish parental rights or child support.
- Adoption: Our firm represents clients in all types of adoption, including stepparent adoption.
Learn more by reviewing our divorce FAQ section.
Contact a Batavia Family Law Lawyer for a Free 30-Minute Initial Consultation
For more information about family law, divorce agreements, or our legal practice, please contact our law firm by e-mail or phone to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced Batavia family law attorney.